05.24.2012 Are you an ACHIEVER? A KILLER? An EXPLORER? Or a SOCIALIZER? Find out which PLAYER you are!
Are you an achiever? A killer? An explorer? Or a Socializer?
Find out which player you are!
Traditional gamers, it's time to hear an insightful and critical persperctive on how game design is not just about earning points and winning the battle!
1. When should you start a business?
Ferdinand Porsche once said: "I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself." You should start a business if you believe you can create, market and sustain something many enough others will as equally desire as you do yourself.
2. How do you turn a creative idea into a business?
You best flip it around one hundred times, sleep over it (it will be flat in the morning, perhaps), give it a good shake - don't break the good parts, though - and look intently if it still has potential and smells nice. Then, kill the schnickschnack and find the best possible team to make it a reality.
3. Where do you find your inspiration for ideas?
Where and when I am not trying to find inspiration.
4. What feedback do you take and what do you disregard?
I take feedback from anyone logical, good looking and funny, in that order.
5. Who was the first person to believe in you?
My parents. They are two persons, really, so I got a double-believe headstart.
6. What has been your biggest creative or business challenge to date?
To know I would lose my own money investment although I had fought very hard not to, and to know that we were too early.
7. What excites you most about digital media or technology right now?
The media part in technology, and the technology part in media.
8. How do we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation?
We need to embrace failure and believe in someone's ideas.
9. What do you believe is possible that many don't?
That Germany will win the FIFA World Cup in Brazil in 2014.
10. What will you be talking about at X Media Lab in Sydney?
About network detox.
For further information check out:
X Media Lab, Mumbrella 360, Etsy, The Loop, Threadless, Boing Boing are headlining the Vivid Ideas program which features more than 100 conferences, talks, panel discussions, workshops and masterclasses.
For full details on all events visit Vivid Ideas online.