The Oprah of the Web - Corvida Raven - reveals her guilty secrets and what she is going to be sharing with us at X Media Lab "Global Ideas":
1. When should you start a business?
As soon as you discover the passion that you want to sustain you. Go for it and don’t stop even after you’ve created it.
2. How do you turn a creative idea into a business?
I believe the best way to turn a creative idea into a business is by utilising the agile development process. It’s the opposite of traditional expectations of business plans and deadlines that can slow the process down. Instead, it emphasises creating a continuous dialogue suitable for testing and prototyping a creative idea or business.
3. Where do you find your inspiration for ideas?I find a lot of inspiration in conversations with my family and friends. They add new dimensions and layers to my ideas or thoughts about things. I’m a big fan of art, specifically interior design. I look to museums, local events, blogs, and Tumblr for visual inspiration. Traveling is also very inspiring for me, but only if I get to see the city and meet the people.
4. What feedback do you take and what do you disregard?
I take feedback that helps me move towards my goals and disregard what doesn’t.
5. Who was the first person to believe in you?My family were the first people to believe in me and continue to support my endeavours. I bought my first iPhone the day it was released because of my mom. She encouraged me to hold on a little longer just when I was about to give up on finding one.
6. What has been your biggest creative or business challenge to date?
I’m currently in the process of executing on a creative idea that will place youth innovators into spaces and opportunities they are normally excluded from; that can lead to success. It’s one of the most rewarding journeys I’ve ever embarked on.