X Media Lab Switzerland ‘Participation Culture’ is Switzerland's must-attend digital, cultural and creative industries event of 2012. This is your opportunity to update yourself in a day!
There are no boring panels or Q&A sessions – just information rich keynote presentations from 16 of the world’s most acclaimed interactive media and participation culture visionaries.
Innovations in technologies and the rise of the will and need to participate in culture are combining to create new stories, new platforms, new forms of interaction, and an expectation of collaborative creation and consumption.
A short-list of these new technologies, literally unimaginable a generation ago, would include: mobile and interactive media and communications devices; location based services (SoLoMo); computer game mechanics; social media; 3D; VR, AR and immersive technologies; content delivery systems; new artist’s tools; and direct access to both world-wide and niche audiences.
Media professionals, cultural institutions, content creators and story-tellers of every description – authors, artists, activists, developers and advertisers – are now able to explode their imaginations and bring into reality untold new cultural forms, genres, and experiences – in direct partnership with their communities.
X Media Lab “Participation Culture” Pro-Day Conference brings 16 of the world’s leading experts to Basel to explore these new worlds, new platforms and new opportunities.
This is a high intensity information download and relationship building conference for people who want to succeed in the digital age.
Put simply: XML Switzerland ‘Participation Culture’ Pro Day Conference will be the most productive day you will spend this year.
International Keynote Speakers Include:
· Rubedo – Trans-disciplinary art practice and think-tank - The Tate Modern, Royal Academy of Arts, Serpentine Gallery (London)
· Christoper Sandberg – Multiple Interactive Emmy Award winning Transmedia producer – works with Craig Wright (Lost, Dirty Sexy Money), Tim Kring (Heroes), and Joss Wheedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) (Stockholm)
· Stojan Pelko – Former Deputy Minister of Culture; Philosopher (Slovenia)
· Susan O’Connor – Award winning video game writer – Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, Gears of War (San Francisco)
· Kristen Taylor – Digital Community Strategist – Huffington Post, Foursquare, Al Jazeera and BBC; (New York)
· Ariane Koek – Intrnational Arts Development at CERN, the world’s largest particle physics laboratory (Geneva)
· Chris Bergstresser – Computer games veteran – Miniclip, Vector Entertainment, Atari, Gamer.TV, SEGA, Konami (Neuchatel)
· Nicoletta Iacobaaci – Director or Strategy, European Broadcasting Union; Curator, TedX Transmedia (Geneva)
· Marshall Heald – SXSW Interactive Film & Television Award Winner; Director, Online & Emerging Platforms, SBS Corporation (Sydney)
· Malo Girod de l’ain – Co-founder of Digitalarti – the world’s leading Digital Arts & R&D community (Paris)
· Valentin Spiess – iartinteractive - Swiss Pavillion, Shanghai Expo 2010; Coke's Beat Box, London Olympics 2012 (Basel)
· Tom Chatfield – Author of How To Thrive in The Digital Age; Tech Columnist for the BBC (London)
· Carlo Donzella – Digital Cultural Heritage, Creative Industries, EU, FILAS, Rome, Malta (Bologna)
· Gerd Leonhard – Internationally renowned Futurist, Author, Think-Tank Leader and Advisor; coined the term “Data is the new oil” (Basel)
· Chris Ziegler – Associate Artist at the Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie Karlsruhe - Centre of Art and Media (Karlsruhe)
The Conference is now SOLD OUT - if you would like to go on a waiting list (in the event of cancellations) - please email Rei Yamagishi.